The Baylor Line Foundation (BLF) is now accepting nominations for its Distinguished Alumni Awards, which will be presented on January 20, 2018, at the Baylor Club.
Nominations are being accepted in the following categories:
- Distinguished Alumni Awards. This award recognizes Baylor graduates whose record of service in their professions and vocations have merited the honor and acclaim of peers and colleagues. This award is the highest honor bestowed by the Baylor Line Foundation.
- Outstanding Young Alumni Awards. This award recognizes professional achievement and/or distinguished service to Baylor by alumni 40 years old or younger..
- W.R. White Meritorious Service Award. This award is named in honor of former Baylor President W.R. White and recognizes individuals who have rendered noteworthy service to Baylor. The recipients do not have to be former students or graduates of Baylor.
- First Families of Baylor Award. This award recognizes a multi-generational alumni family that has shown continuing interest in and support of Baylor.
- George W. Truett Distinguished Church Service Award. This award recognizes one who lives by the university’s motto, “Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana,” and whose ministry exemplifies the life and career of George W. Truett.
- Herbert H. Reynolds Retired Faculty and Administrators Award. This award, named in honor of former Baylor President Dr. Herbert H. Reynolds, is presented to retired members of the Baylor faculty or administration for professional excellence during their years of service to Baylor.
- Abner V. McCall Religious Liberty Award. This award honors alumni or friends of Baylor who by their lives and actions have exemplified the courage and dedication of Abner V. McCall to the belief in and commitment to religious liberty.
- Price Daniel Distinguished Public Service Award. This award recognizes members of the Baylor Family (alumni, current or past members of the faculty or administration, or individuals closely associated with Baylor) whose record in an elected or appointed state or national office exemplify the spirit of selfless dedication to public service represented by the life and career of Governor Price Daniel and reflect the true meaning of the motto, “Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana.”
The deadline for submitting nominations is Sept. 29, 2017